First up, you guys are so lucky I didn’t go with the blog title LET IT GO. No one needs that annoying Frozen song stuck in their friggin’ head.
Oh shit, you’re singing the song just like Elsa aren’t you? Ooops. My bad.
A New Year is nearly here and I can almost hear the ‘bring it on’ chants being shouted. It’s a good time to focus our energy on new goals, dreams and intentions. It’s also a great time to start letting go of anything that’s holding us back or tying us down to tightly.
Wanna hold hands and ‘wave goodbye’ together? Here is a list of crap YOU & I you can/need/want to let go of:
- Wave goodbye to the stars aligning. Got a plan? Just give it go and see what happens. There is no such thing as perfect timing.
- Wave goodbye to seeking happiness from someone else. The light and sunshine resides within us. If you can do something positive each day for yourself, you’ll feel great and radiant. Create your own happiness, Miss Sunshine.
- Wave goodbye to putting others needs ahead of yours. It’s important to serve others and give as much as we can, but don’t be used or walked over.
- Wave goodbye to needing peeps to like you. There is no need to take this one personally, some people just won’t like you no matter what you do. Personalities will always clash. Fact.
- Wave goodbye to holding off just one more day. Stop wishing for it. Stop dreaming about it. Just do it. Procrastinating gets you nowhere. Repeat. Nowhere.
- Wave goodbye to timelines. It’s never too late to start over. If you want to make changes in your life and you feel like it’s too late or you’re too old, I’m here to tell you that’s fucked up. Each day is a brand new day to have a crack. Enrol in that course. Take that class. Quit your job.
- Wave goodbye to grudges. Grudges are wasted energy and the bitterness just makes you nasty. You have two options; either apologise or seek an apology. Yes, it’s that simple!
- Wave goodbye to past traumas. Your yesterday doesn’t define you and you are not what has happened to you. That sounds like something Oprah would say, right? Your past does not equal your future. YOU define your future.
- Wave goodbye to fearing your intuition. Intuition exists to wake us up and serve us. It is not something to be feared. Failure kills dreams, not fear. If you feel fear, it probably means you’re doing something right.
- Wave goodbye to being stuck. You don’t deserve to be stuck. Make a change. Work through the paperwork/pain/expired ideals. I promise you’ll grow and learn from it.
It’s a challenge, I know. The way I see it, no one needs the above struggles in their daily life. If we’re conscious of these things, then it’s our choice to accept them or work through them to improve our quality of life. There is absolutely a clear path to new beginnings if we’re willing to let it go and work through it.
All is takes is a small adjustment every day.
OVER TO YOU
What’s the #1 thing you need to let go of before the New Year?
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us.