This is the easiest dish you’ll ever cook (besides toast of course). It’s Donna Hay’s One Pot Chinese Chicken. I’ve made this several times for family and friends and always get loads of compliments. It’s easy, simple, bursting with flavour and there is only one pot to wash up. What’s NOT to love about that!
3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
6 slices ginger
4 cloves garlic, halved
1 long green chilli, sliced
1½ cups (300g) jasmine rice
4 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, halved
4 green onions (scallions), sliced
1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
soy sauce, to serve
1. Place the stock, ginger, garlic and chilli in a deep frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil.
2. Add the rice and stir once to distribute evenly over the bottom of the pan. When the stock comes back to the boil, add the chicken.
3. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for
4. 20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the stock and the chicken is tender.
5. Top the chicken and rice with the onion and coriander and serve with soy sauce.
If your anything like me, you have a million and one cook books. But Donna Hay’s ‘Fast, Fresh & Simple’ is my all time favourite – every page is stained with chicken stock and oil!
What’s your favourite dish to cook for family and friends?